Clifton Community Library
Curbside Re-opening Guide
We are re-opening for curbside service on Tuesday, July 28! Below is everything you need to know about obtaining materials from the library.
How to order materials:
1. Log onto the library catalog at http://www.ncls.org
At the top of the page, you will see a Log In link. Click and use your library card number to log in. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
2. Once logged in, type your desired title, author, or subject into the search box at the top of the web page.
3. Select the item you want and click “Place Hold”. A pop up will ask you about your pick up location, you will select Cranberry Lake.
4. If this does not work for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of materials you would like and the library staff will pull it for you.
How to pick up materials:
1. The library staff will call and/or email you that your materials are ready for pick up. DO NOT COME TO THE LIBRARY BEFORE YOU ARE NOTIFIED YOUR MATERIALS ARE READY FOR PICK UP.
2. You will be given a pick up window. Come to the library at that time (for example, Tuesday morning 11AM-12Noon)
3. Your materials will be bagged and labeled with your first initial and last name. Packages will be left on the front porch on a rolling cart. Please take ONLY your materials.
4. Pick up hours are: Monday and Thursday from 11AM to 1:30PM. You will be assigned a pick up time amongst these hours. Materials not picked up will be returned to the library and put into a 72 hour quarantine. You will then be assigned another pick up time.
How to return materials:
1. Please leave all returns in the book drop.
2. Materials being returned will be quarantined for 72 hours and will NOT be checked back in immediately. After 72 hours, they will be checked in and returned to the shelves. All returns are fine free. You do not need to worry about overdue fines.
1. Patrons are not allowed into the library at this time.
2. The community center remains closed. Please do not come into the building for library business.
3. Please be patient and respectful of the library staff. We are doing our best under ever changing circumstances.